Sunday, August 27, 2017

Last Stand of Tank 66

THE LAST STAND OF TANK 66

50 POINTSINTRODUCTION
8/26 Note: This action use to belong in my earlier battle report about the Battle of Hill 214 which I published on 8/14. I decided that I should separate this part of the report and make it its own report because Petraredhammer won these games and deserves the credit for them. So I decided to pull these three short games out of my old report and place them here. Now on to the report.
This report is the first round of games that me and my son, Jeremy (Petraredhammer) played a couple of weeks ago. Both of us were pretty new to Team Yankee, so we decided to try out the Team Yankee campaign in the main rule-book. Today's fun and games revolved around three games of ¨The Last Battle of Tank 66¨ and a later we played a single game of ¨The Battle of Hill 214¨.
For the first round we decided to play the Tank 66 scenario with the winner being the player who could win best two out of three. It is a neat little learning scenario and it would also turn out to be a tough round of games for both of us because of the small number of teams involved. The scenario is based off a small engagement that pitted Team Yankee´s CO Captain Bannon and his 66 tank against a full platoon of T62s. Unfortunately the T62 hasn't made its appearance in Team Yankee so a trio of T72s are used instead. That does make for a much tougher game for the US player.

ROUND 1

Round One was a target shoot for my tank. My opening shots scored hits on two of the T72 leaving one in flames and the other bailed. Petraredhammer was able to remount the disabled tank and rushed forward to engage my lone tank. He then scored some hits, but neither penetrated. The second turn saw my gunner hit his stride with an excellent display of gunnery. Two hits scored and two T72s in flames. This round was a total win for me as I trashed all three of his tanks in two turns. Things weren't looking looking good for the Soviets.

ROUND 2

Round two was a lot rougher for me. My gunner (and my dice) cooled down and just couldn't seem land home telling shots. I took out just one KO´d one tank and bailed another. Petraredhammer quickly remount his bailed tank who then proceeded to obliterate my lonely M1 in a nasty platoon volley. It just wasn't pretty.
The Soviets get some payback

ROUND 3

Round three just wasn't much of a contest for the Soviets. My shooting just plain sucked. My opening volley bailed just one tank who promptly remounted. Petaredhammer returned the favor and took me out. We didn't even make it to turn two!
It just wasn't pretty...

CONCLUSION

Game, set, and match!
Overall I did okay killing four T72s for a loss of two M1s. However Petraredhammer pulled the best out of three and so came out as the clear winner in these actions. We decided that this gave him the extra 3 tank company for our next game: the Battle for Hill 214.
Nothing left to do now but watch the Soviet victory parade.
Time now Charlie Mike.
WARSAW PACT

No comments:

Post a Comment